Do you ever try to access a resource only to find out that you can't remember the password? Do you have a spreadsheet with all your various usernames and passwords written down? In today's web-based world it can be increasingly difficult to manage the access to resources and systems.
MyIdentity provides one point of log-in to access several different systems, resources and content across multiple locations, eliminating the need for multiple usernames and passwords.
Secure anytime, anywhere access offers a more individualised approach to learning by allowing authorisation to be at the individual pupil level. The applications can be hosted on the National Education Network (NEN), within the LA, outside the LA, or anywhere on the Internet.
Please note, Lynchpin is a pre-requisite for MyIdentity.
Why use MyIdentity?
MyIdentity has a number of elements that will enhance access in schools:
- Eliminates the need for multiple usernames and passwords
- Increases the use of resources as no need to remember different log-ins
- Provides seamless transition across resources
- Allows different access levels in different establishments using the same log-in, e.g. a teacher in school A is a parent in school B - users can only see the information they are entitled to access
- Makes it easier to comply with regulatory requirements, e.g. Data Protection Act 1998
- Shares minimum data necessary
What about security?
MyIdentity has a number of features to ensure user security:
- secure, encrypted log-ins
- usage reports to help identify suspicious use
- minimal personal data sent over the Internet
- personal data sent over the web is encrypted
it's learning can provide a tailored consultancy to help your LA prepare for implementing an SSO solution. Working with the LA, we can bring a proven track-record of expertise to determine the best solution to meet the LA and Schools' requirements.
This could include:
- Audit of required service provision.
- Advice on SSO technologies, UK Access Management Federation, etc.
- Technical assistance to the LA’s own development teams or complete management of an end-to-end solution.